Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gossip




Gossip is powerful thing. It is so hard to remove yourself from it, no matter how hard you might try. Maybe it is because I work on a college campus that I see it more, but it seems never ending. 

I've been much more conscious of my actions and the decisions that I make because I know they will probably be talked about. I want to make sure that I am comfortable with what I'm doing, so I'm less impacted by what others say about it. 

We have conversations at the beginning of every year about gossip and rumors. The intention of the person sharing the information is the most important thing. If it is in the best interest for someone else to know, great, if it is to intentionally hurt whoever your talking about, that's wrong. Sharing information is important. we all do it every day. 

I'm happy. I like where I am right now. I think I'm really lucky to have great people in my life. I just need to be more comfortable ignoring what others say. Those people who constantly talk badly about others are building their own negative reputation. That will become a big enough problem for them in the end. 

1 comment:

  1. This was a great post - I'm totally with you. I often get caught up in office gossip, and then instantly regret being so petty and self serving. Thanks for the reminder...we all need it

    ReplyDelete