Tuesday, June 7, 2011

24 days...




I'm (hesitantly) counting down the days until I pack up the U-Haul and start my trip out to Buffalo.

I can see it now....

A beautiful July day. 
Everyone I pass getting really excited for their long, holiday weekend. 
Sun shining.
My whole life (okay, just everything that I want to carry along with me) packed into boxes.
Plugging my New York address into my GPS.
And me crying uncontrollably as I drive down the highway, thinking about how much I'm leaving behind.

Yes, I know, it sounds dramatic, but I will put money on the fact that this is how I'll be. As the date gets closer, I'm having more and more tear filled conversations, both with myself and with other people. 

I feel like a College freshman again. Probably even more scared this time, since I'll be living more than an hour from home for the first time. I continuously have that feeling in my throat that I'm going to start crying at any moment. 

So, why am I doing this?? I know it is a great opportunity for me. I have all the support from the people I love. As much as I will miss them, I know that in just two years I will be packing up my life again to move back to Boston. I'll probably be writing another post about how much I am dreading leaving my new friends. 

But that doesn't make this any easier. I am happy right now. I have found people who I want to keep in my life. Giving up seeing them every day is going to be hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment